Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crazy weather

This is getting old. Severe weather coming and going, all over the place. As soon as it looks like we're in the clear, a new storm is brewing in the southwest, moving northeast. Once again, no power here. Madeley is snug in her bed, and I'm ready to grab her at any moment. Thank goodness Derrick is here. I wouldn't do this alone.

I probably could happily go to sleep at any moment, but I'm going to wait out the storms a little longer. In the meantime, I'm stalking Twitter and reading Pride and Prejudice. Twitter helps me keep updated with the surrounding weather, and Pride and Prejudice challenges my mind. Really, it does. I have to read most of the sentences twice to understand them. I've been reading this book since March of 2010. I plan to finish it sometime this year. I started to read it because Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail) loves it!

Shopgirl to NY152:
Confession. I have read Pride and Prejudice about 200 times. I get lost in the language. Words like ‘thither’, ‘mischance’, ‘felicity’. I’m always in agony over whether Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are really going to get together. Ah! Read it! I KNOW you’ll love it.

After that statement, I just knew I had to read the book. So I've been reading it and reading it and reading it. I'll finish one day.

I hope everyone is safe tonight. The weather is just insane!

.......................................







Today is the second anniversary of the death of my mother. We love her and miss her daily. She was an exceptional mother, grandmother, and friend. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and sweet gestures. I'm so happy to know that she is remembered by all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Morgan, we thought about Carol all day and miss her all of the time, too. The only thing I would add to your description of her is "sister." She was a remarkable person.

I talked to Kristi this morning and wished her a Happy Birthday. Bless her heart, I know that Carol's death having occurred on her birthday has been somewhat difficult.

Love you all, and I hope your weather improves very soon.

Cara Norton said...

Said a prayer for you. Miss you.

Madeley is so so cute. I am glad you have her.

LeLe said...

Confession: I'm an English major and I managed to never finish P&P. It wasn't because I didn't like it...it is because I also have the read each sentence twice and it takes forever. But I LOVE the A&E version of the movie with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. *sigh*

Can't believe your mom has been gone for two years already. *hugs*

And I'm WAY over this weather. Winston hates getting in the hallway.

Betty said...

We, also, thought about Carol and miss her so much! Hope your weather improves and you get power back soon! Love to all.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011