Friday, April 1, 2011

New job

I have news. For the past four years, I have worked in a wonderful school district. A school district that is advanced in technology, has a brand new school and an exceptional staff. I could never imagine wanting to leave this place until now. I drive about 50 minutes each morning and afternoon. Once I get Madeley to the sitter and get to school, I'm tired of being in the car. And... you know I'm late. (Pretty sure they CLOSED down highway 35 this morning. I was later than late today!!) I'm tired of the drive. Is it okay to say that? My dad says I'm not allowed to say I'm tired. But I just am. I want to get to work quickly and be home sooner. I want more time with Madeley and Derrick, and less time in the car.
All that being said, I interviewed for a math position in my hometown, and they offered me the job. I happily accepted. This is going to be great. This is going to make my life easier, but it doesn't make it easy to leave the people I love at my current job. So this is one of those transitions I referred to in my change blog. It is right around the corner. But I do still have some time with my current coworkers. I will enjoy them for the next two months. Then through the summer, I'll look forward to my new job. My new job is going to be great. I will be working with wonderful friends and teaching great kids. What more could I ask for?

....................................

Outside friends

This is what Madeley was doing outside today...

YouTube Video


She is looking into the neighbor's yard. This is what she is looking at...

YouTube Video


.................................

Today is bittersweet. My mother's surgery was two years ago today. This day is significant because it is the last day we talked to our mother. The day was long, traumatic, and difficult. I remember wondering how in the world this could happen to her... to us. We spent the next month at the hospital experiencing several ups and downs. I'm glad we are slowly moving away from that time, because I do believe time heals the heart. But I miss my mother so much every day. I wish I could tell her about my new job. She would be so happy and so proud!

Thanks for reading. Enjoy the weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She would be BURSTING with excitement! I can remember your mom telling me all about you when I taught there! We'll miss you, but there are lots of perks to being closer to your family! You have to do what is right for you and your family. I"m just glad I got to know the wonderful person, your mom always bragged that you were! :)

Breanna Lee said...

Morgan:
You have made a wise choice for you and your family. The time spent in the car can be spent sleeping later, WOW, or playing with Madeley.
May God bless you as you start this new adventure in your life. Benton's loss is Sheridan's gain.

Sharon Lee

Dianne said...

Congratulations, Morgan. I know the people at Benton will miss you, but this is wonderful news and your life should be much easier without such a long commute each day. Sheridan High School is fortunate to have you...Carol would have been very proud, indeed!

I thought about Carol as soon as I woke up this morning. Even though I was not in Arkansas at the time of her surgery, it was a long day here two years ago. Your Caring Bridge entries for the next 26 days meant so much to so many. You have been and still are remarkable. Carol will continue to live in our hearts and our memories.

The videos were precious. How neat for Madeley to see a deer so close. No wonder she was fascinated.

Love you and God bless you.

Betty said...

Well, Dianne said it all and I agree with everything she said! I'm so happy you will be working in Sheridan. I remember Carol telling me that you were told years ago if you wanted a job teaching math in Sheridan, you could have it! Glad it's finally happening for you, Derrick and Madeley.

May is just around the corner!! I'm so excited!

LeLe said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011