Sunday, May 15, 2011

Differences

So I guess I took the weekend off. Sorry. Even though my family was in town, I wasn't that busy. I just didn't blog. I broke one of the Pioneer Woman's blogging rules. She says "blog often"... the blog needs everyday nurturing. Well, I think I needed the nurturing this weekend, aka sleep. Hopefully you weren't too upset with me.

Let's talk about the differences in my sister and me. The list is long, but I'll only discuss a few. Derrick and I always laugh about how strange it is that two people can come from the same parents, same upbringing, and be so different. It's true for Jessica and me, Derrick and his brother Brandon, and my cousins Taylor and Jamie. The first child is dominate, strong, and opinionated. The second child is sweet, passive, and agreeable.
Jessica is very prepared, organized, and put together. I, on the other hand, am never ready for anything, completely unorganized, and always a bit frazzled. Why is this? I wish I was capable of decorating, cleaning, and dressing to the T. I can't expect her to help me in these areas forever, right? Maybe I'm just fine the way I am. When I walk into her new house, I am literally in awe. It is magnificent and beautiful. As I think to myself... I will never live in a house like this... I also think... Would I want to? For her, that house is a dream come true. A place to put her fine china and crystal. A place to hang her infinite wardrobe. A place to display her designing abilities. If it was my house, I'd feel out of place. I think her marble is beautiful, but I like carpet. I think her claw footed tub is glorious, but I'd probably stump my toe. I think the china display is perfect, but I have no china. You get it, right? My home is so unbelievably perfect for me. The soft carpet, the roomy kitchen, the spacious backyard... I wouldn't want to live without these things. Besides that, if a light went out in a 12 foot ceiling, Derrick and I would never get it changed. Ha ha.

Another difference... feet. Jessica's feet are big. Mine, not so much. Her toes are painted to perfection. Here's mine...


(Dara- that was for you.)

I think my toes are allergic to polish. Seriously. When I get a pedicure, it isn't long until my toenails start messing up. I'm not going to go into detail here. When I decided I wasn't going to paint my toenails this sandal season, Jessica gave me a look. I said, "What??"
She said, "Well, they just look... (silence)."
At the same time, we said, "Unfinished." I knew what she was thinking. My toes just don't look prepared for the day. She thinks I could at least put on a clear coat, but that's still polish. Allergic, remember? Just another difference we have.
Since we're on this toe topic, I just have to share a blog with you. I saw it on Paula Deen's website today, and it's just the cutest thing. The Art of Finger Painting
So cute!! It made me laugh, simply because I'm terrible at cutting Madeley's nails. Maybe I could call on this woman's skills.

To sum up this topic, Jessica is perfect the way she is. Her short temper gets her on my bad list sometimes, but she is quick to forget/forgive, which makes me follow in her footsteps. I love her just the way she is. And if we were anything alike, we probably just wouldn't work.
...................................

Since we were at my Aunt Kristi's this weekend, Madeley had a chance to chase the cats! Aunt Kristi and Uncle Bill have five cats. And when the company comes, the cats run. Madeley just can't help herself. She runs from cat to cat to cat. She no longer thinks a cat says "meow"... she now thinks they say "hhhh" (that's a hiss). She would chase them into a corner, and they would swat and hiss in defense. The cats are declawed, so they were harmless. Here are a few cute pictures. Madeley was standing on her tip toes to get as close as possible.





Under the table...





The cat was swatting in both of those pictures. Didn't phase her a bit.
In the following video, Madeley is trying to get to the cat, but can't. As she walks away, you can hear her hissing. Cracks me up!!

YouTube Video


I'm so glad we were able to see my family this weekend. I just wish I had more time with them. They make me feel closer to my mother. I see her in their faces and their personalities, even though they are all different. Oh how I wish we lived closer together!! I will miss them all!
.....................................

Madeley actually slept until 10 this morning. It was amazing to get so much rest. Now that she is napping, I've got a lot of work to do around here. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Sooz said...

Most people have no idea I'm even related to my sister. We are bipolar opposites. =)

Dianne said...

Morgan, though you and Jessica are very different, you both have such loving qualities and traits of Carol and Rick as well as your own. We love you both very much and truly enjoyed our time with you this past weekend.

Love you.

Betty said...

Oh, my gosh, Morgan! I've never noticed your feet....and, I thought that was MY foot in the picture. We have the very same toes! Wish I'd noticed sooner, we could have a twin-feet picture..haha. Next time, okay?

Loved seeing everyone. I'm so glad our family gets along well. I'm nothing like your other 'Madeley aunts'; we're all different; but, we all have such fun together!

Love you, love you!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011