Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh please

Oh please stop crying Madeley, please. This is what I said over and over this morning... and yesterday morning... and this afternoon. You know those kids that zonk out the second they get in the car seat? Not my child! Madeley has NEVER liked the car. There's a movie playing, she has her paci, and she has her bunny... what else does she need? I wish I knew. Anyway, yesterday she threw her pacifier about 5 minutes into the ride. I looked at her in the mirror and said, "Now Madeley, why'd you do that?" Then the fussing/crying started in. It lasted all the way to the babysitter's. Today, she dropped her bunny. Then she cried, with the paci in her mouth, for the next 20 minutes. After that, she decided to throw her paci too. Then she came unglued! I really wish she would throw them at me. That way, I could easily get my hands on them to give back to her. But she doesn't throw them at me, she throws them to either side of the backseat. I finally decided to reach back and grab the bunny when I was stopped at a red light. I handed it to her. And in anger, she threw it down and cried. Still stopped at the light, I turned around and said, "Madeley, we DON'T act like that!!!!"
Ummm... who's we? Madeley and me? I don't act that way? I think I do cry, sometimes scream, and maybe even throw something when I'm really mad. So maybe WE do act that way. But I still want her to learn that throwing a fit won't get her anything. Derrick reminded me tonight that she's just one year old. I mean, I hadn't forgotten that, but when is it too early to start teaching her?
To finish the story, she really lost it when I told her we don't act that way. She cried the rest of the way to the babysitter, got better when I gave her the paci and bunny, then gave me a kiss. She seemed fine. I said, "Why don't you you go nite nite?" as I handed her to Sue. Madeley immediately buried her head in Sue's shoulder and started sobbing. It was so hard to leave her.

This is when she was crying on the way home (snapped the pic while stopped at a stop sign).


Can you see the crocodile tears? She would not look at the camera. Needless to say, I don't think she's functioning well when I wake her up in the morning. Maybe she isn't getting enough sleep. I put her to bed an hour earlier tonight, hoping she'll feel better in the morning.

I recorded this video earlier this evening. The infant swing holds up to 22 pounds. Madeley is 21 pounds and 7 ounces. I guess she can still play in the swing for now. Also, she got in there by herself. Surprised me!

YouTube Video


She's just a crazy little thing. This picture is too cute. She looks so relaxed!


(ignore the clothes... they're goodwill that just haven't gotten there yet)

Thanks for listening to me vent (or read, not listen, whatever). I just love my Madeley so much, and I hate it when she's unhappy. Maybe this is just a phase. We don't have to make the drive much longer.

....................................

So much on TV!!
There is just too much to watch tonight. Let's start with American Idol. I loved Lauren's mother song. Just beautiful! So I thought I wanted to vote for her, until I saw Scotty's face at the end. He was being so supportive of Lauren, and he's just so good! Goofy, but good. I can't bring myself to vote for either one!! I want them both to win!

Then... hearing "For Good" on Glee was just sensational!! I had chills from beginning to end. If you ever get a chance to see Wicked, do it! Derrick and I LOVE it. I'll have to blog about that sometime.

I haven't seen any of DWTS tonight, so I still don't know who won. Let me know if you've seen it.

We are now watching Deadliest Catch. There's some fishy stuff going on, and I'm not talking about the crab. Those of you who are watching know what I'm talking about. Strange.

.......................................

How sad is the weather right now? I feel terrible about the people in Joplin. Their stories are heartbreaking and unbelievable. And with more storms popping up all over the place, this may not be the only devastating event. We need to keep all storm victims in our prayers!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Cara Norton said...

I am so glad you are going to work in Sheridan. That will be so much easier on you and Madeley. Poor baby. Those tears make me sad!!
By the way, Madeley always has on the cutest clothes!!
I miss you.

Betty said...

Oh, my...those big tears make me want to cry with her.

I want one of those swings like Madeley's...boy, does that look comfortable!

Dianne said...

Hopefully, the shorter trip this coming school year will make Madeley appreciate the car more. She is so precious.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011