Friday, May 6, 2011

Dinner Date

Derrick and I are attempting to teach Madeley to be a pleasant dinner date. I know kids will be kids, so if Madeley's loud at dinner, I tolerate it and do what I can to quiet her down. Derrick, on the other hand, can't handle it. He thinks everyone is entitled to a nice quiet dinner, and Madeley possibly interferes with that. I've always heard that the noise bothers the parents more than it does the people around the child. Hopefully that's true.

We ate dinner at Outback Wednesday night, and Madeley was on the loud side. Tonight, we ate dinner at Fu Lin. She was MUCH better. I was very very proud of her!! Here is our table. We did the BEST we could to keep the food out of the reach of her grabby hands.



She loved her dinner, and stayed quiet the entire time!!
We did make it home late, so she ended up being fussy later. I love her no matter what her mood though.

................................

Are you "down to earth"?

I don't know what the opposite of "down to earth" is, but it's out there. The point I would like to make is this... down to earth makes people a lot more comfortable than the opposite does. I'm not fancy, I'm simple. My house isn't decorated, it's lived in with snippets of stuff I like. My toes aren't even painted for heaven's sake, and none of this bothers me. I'll tell you what does bother me though... when someone makes me feel like my simpleness just can't run with their fanciness. Do you know what I mean? Who cares where you live and what you wear? That doesn't matter. Twenty years from now, no one will remember your material items, but they will remember how you treated them. That's what's important. Are you a polite, relatable, and pleasant person? I sure hope so. Heck, I hope I am!! Not a single one of us is "better" than the other. Why would we choose to treat each other in that way? Think about these things. And remember this...
"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

............................

Update on Mrs. Jackie:
Second round of chemo went very well. She looks great! Still hoping to go home Sunday. Thank you for your prayers!

Love you for reading!!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I had to laugh when I saw your table at the restaurant. I have done the same thing so many times by pushing everything out of reach..it brought back memories of "little grabby hands." I am glad Madeley was quieter this time and ate well because that is a good sign. You and Derrick are good parents to teach her to be respectful of others even though she is very young.

Glad Jackie's second treatment went well.

Love you.

Betty said...

You know me...Levi's and 'dog-theme' tshirts...not fancy...not me! Our home is decorated in what I call 'early canine'...lots of dog stuff everywhere. I couldn't be 'fancy' if I tried! Glad you are happy with your surroundings...good way to live.

Hope Miss Jackie continues to do well; more prayers are coming her way!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011