Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Prayer

Not my normal Wednesday blog, but I need you, dear friends. I need, or more like "we" need you and your prayers. Derrick's mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer. They just received the results today. She will be starting chemotherapy tomorrow and possibly radiation. I do not know all the details. What I do know is that God is good, and He hears our prayers. Please lift Jackie Wilson up in your prayers tonight and in the days to come. Pray for Mr. Larry, Derrick, and Brandon as well. Mrs. Jackie is a strong, supportive, wonderful woman. She never wants to seem weak, and she probably wouldn't ask for the prayers herself. She'd just say, "I'm fine!" But I know she'll sleep better tonight knowing all of you are interceding on her behalf. Thank you!

Second prayer request...
The Crews family is an amazing group. They are without a doubt some of the nicest people I have ever met. Mr. John Crews passed away today, and once again, I do not know all the details. But his family needs your prayers as well. His wife, Sarah, would do anything for anyone. His daughters, Susan and Elizabeth, are as sweet as they come. Losing a husband/father in never easy, especially when it's sudden. Please lift them up in prayer.
Susan also has a blog... Hawkins Hollow.

Finally, I have heard several stories of needed prayer today. For some reason, when it rains, it pours. If you need prayers, never hesitate to ask. Knowing someone is praying for you always helps to lighten the load. I remember when my mom was in the hospital, I told a friend that I didn't know how to pray anymore, I was speechless. She said, "We are all praying for your mom and your family, so God knows you need Him." And that's what prayer warriors are for, to intercede in times of need. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for all listed above...and the unknowns as well.

Dianne said...

Morgan, we are so sorry to hear about Derrick's mother's diagnosis and will pray for her, her family including you, and for the Crews family. God always hears our prayers and is a wonderful Comforter.

Love you.

Betty said...

Please give Jackie our love and let her know we are praying for her. Sad to hear about this. We hope the chemotherapy does wonders for her. Love to all.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011