Sunday, May 22, 2011

Feed the birds

I haven't mentioned it lately, but our bird population has grown tremendously over the past few weeks. Derrick stays on me about keeping the food out, and Madeley definitely likes to help. I would like to state that she was pouring bird seed perfectly before this video. Every time I handed her the cup, she would pour the birdseed directly into the feeder... until this video. It's a little off balance and not always focused on Madeley, but oh well.

YouTube Video

She does absolutely love feeding, listening to, and watching the birds. She must be a bird lover, like me!

......................................

When I was growing up, my grandparents had a magnificent magnolia tree. It was the best climbing tree, and it produced beautiful blooms. There is also a large magnolia tree outside Dad's house. Earlier today, he was telling about when my Mimi used to cut blooms and put them in water on the kitchen table. He said the aroma of magnolia would fill the entire house. Then he decided to cut me a couple of blooms. They are gorgeous and smell amazing. I knew I had the perfect bowl for them, as well as a few orchid blooms to add color.


I love the curled feet on the bowl!


Thanks Dad!!

....................................

I have a new favorite, and I can't wait until Wednesday to share it with you. It's a magazine I ordered through the school called Whole Living. It says its body+soul in balance. Who can't use that? It's a Martha Stewart production, and I love it. I'll share more with you on Wednesday!

Thanks for reading!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Madeley was adorable pouring the birdseed..she did get most of it in the feeder! Love your magnolia buds and orchids together and the bowl is lovely. I have some gardenias in our house now and what a wonderful auroma they have, too!

Have a good week. Love you.

Betty said...

The video had me laughing so hard...she is so serious about the pouring and then it goes everywhere...she kind of looks surprised at that.

Love her little flipflops...she's just precious!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011