Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Mondays

My sweet friend Leah has started a fun, new, linky blog on Mondays.  It's called Menu Mondays, and she posts a full menu with recipes and a grocery list.  I would love to be as creative as she is, but... I am not.  When I start to think of a menu and grocery list, I get hives.  Really.  I like to share yummy meals with yall, but I'm terrible at recipes.  I always just do what seems good.  Tonight, Derrick ate in Little Rock, so I decided to make something for myself.  I just love pasta and chicken dishes.  Derrick usually does not, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to feed my cravings.  Yeah... well... it didn't turn out that way.  I don't know what went wrong, but dinner was T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.  Oh, it was.  So I will not be sharing that recipe and grocery list with you tonight.  I usually pride myself in my pasta dishes, but oh man, you don't want this one.

What I have decided to do instead, is tell you what I wish I had eaten.  It is the perfect night for tomato soup and grilled cheese.  Simple grocery list.  Simple meal. 

List:
1 can of Campbell's Tomato Soup
some milk (don't know how much... you know, a can full)
bread
american cheese
REAL butter

ha ha.  My list is making me laugh.  I'm sure this is exactly what Leah had in mind.

Okay, here's my recipe...
My grandmother always made Campbell's soups with milk.  I'm not sure why, but I know it makes for rich, creamy soups!  So mix the tomato soup with a can full of milk in a pot, and whisk it.  Keep it on low, so the soup doesn't stick.  Now I'm about to tell you how to make the best grilled cheese EVER!  Melt a sliver of butter in a skillet.  Once its melted and bubbly, place a fresh slice of bread on top of it.  You should hear it sizzle.  Then add a slice of cheese, along with the second piece of bread.  Give it a few seconds to brown, then pick it up with a spatula.  Keep it out while you add a second sliver of butter to melt.  Once it's melted, flip the sandwich back into the pan.  Sizzle... brown... remove and cut into two triangles.  Oh yeah, you should also be occasionally stirring that soup.  After pouring the soup into the bowl, dip the sandwich.  Yum yum yum.  You may not think this is the easiest way to make a grilled cheese.  Everyone butters before, right?  Well, if you try it, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Delicious!

............................................

Caroline Craziness

Here's the story I promised you:
Dad kept Caroline Saturday night while Jessica, Derrick, and I went to a wedding shower.  Caroline has recently started learning math, so she brought her math workbook.  I must tell you, she is a perfectionist.  Always has been, and she loses control if she makes a mistake while writing.  Well, Dad was helping her on some math problems, and she insisted that she get to work in pen.  Big mistake.  Huge.  On one problem, she meant to write 18, but accidentally wrote 17.  Oh no.  Not good.  She went crazy!  Dad did not know what to do.  He suggested crossing out the 17, but that was unacceptable.  She was screaming and crying and losing it!  Dad started trying to figure out if anyone in the neighborhood was home.  Well, he saw Neighbor across the street was home, but Dad did not have his phone number.  Neighbor is the mayor's cousin, so Dad called the mayor to get Neighbor's number.  When he called Neighbor and explained the situation, Neighbor came right over with white out.  He helped Caroline correct the mistake, and all was well.  Dad will do anything for us girls.  He's the best!!

...............................................

Madeley has recently started making a face.  She makes this face when she's in trouble.  Her lips get tight, and her cheeks get red.  I tried to capture this face in a picture twice tonight, but no luck.  I really want you to see it, because her seriousness is adorable.  I'll keep trying.

Thanks for reading.  I hope your Monday was bearable.

4 comments:

Nateycakes said...

Morgan this blog has made my night! One you linked up with my blog yippie :) Did you know grilled cheese is my FAVORITE sandwich EVER! I <3 this Soooooo much!
Second, The whiteout story, love love love it!!!!!
Leah :)

Anonymous said...

oh, grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of my FAVORITE meals! perfect for rainy days and weekends.

LeLe said...

I also love tomato soup and grilled cheese and I sometimes make it by melting the butter in the pan first. But sometimes I'm lazy and just butter the bread. I also sometimes use cheddar cheese...yuuuuuuuuuuum. I want one right now.

Dianne said...

I love the story about Caroline. Children can have the strangest reactions sometimes. Thank goodness for Neighbor and his quick thinking and for your dad thinking of him!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011