Friday, May 20, 2011

Not much

I'm going to be honest, I have not thought about this blog all day. I have not contemplated what I am going to write, I've just been focused on other tasks. Tasks such as redirecting children, writing a professional growth plan, paying bills, cooking dinner, cleaning just enough to get by, giving Madeley love, and visiting with my husband. I just wasn't in blogger mode. I usually try to snap a few pictures to share, but that didn't happen either. Golly geez... I need to get my butt in gear!! 9:50 is a little late to be thinking about what to blog. Not that I'm running out of ideas, because I really like to share our daily lives with you, but today was muggy and bland. Did the humidity ruin your hair today? It sure did ruin mine.
Anyway, Craig O'Neil was on B98 with Jeff and Lisa thus morning. Crack me up!! I laughed the whole way to school. They played a prank phone call Craig did on Lashonda Reed several years ago. It's too funny, and if you want to hear it, click here. My favorite part is when she says "you honky fool!!" Ha ha!!

..............................

The promised ratatouille recipe:

1 large eggplant, cubed, salted, and set aside
1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 to a whole onion thinly sliced
1 bell pepper (red, green, or yellow) chopped
2 crushed garlic cloves
2-4 zucchini, chopped (thought there was squash too, but I was wrong)
4 tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chopped, fresh basil
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese

Pat the eggplant dry. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan and briefly sauté the eggplant until brown, then add the onion and pepper. Next, add the garlic, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cook until a soft stew has formed, about 15 to 30 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, and basil. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve. The ratatouille can be served over rice.

It is just so good!! Thanks to Leah for the recipe.

Thanks for reading. Goodnight!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Thank you for this recipe. Maybe I will try it sometime. It is Saturday night as I am making this comment so I hope you are having a great weekend. We are!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011