Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What a day!

Is it June 8 yet? Some of you know what I mean. It is a jungle out there. Am I right?

So, long day with the kiddos at school today. Can I call sixteen year olds kiddos? I called out to some boys today and said, "Boys, get in your seats."
One of them replied, "We are men."
All in good fun, I said back, "Okay men, could you please take your seats." It just cracked me up... a bunch of tenth grade boys... oh, I mean men.
School days are numbered, and the days get longer. I am trying to enjoy my Bentonite friends while I can. I'm not sure I'll be interested in traveling that highway anytime soon after June 8.

I hurried away from school today because Madeley had a 4:30 well child appointment. We arrived on time, and played in the waiting room until 5. Here she is...
Love that little face!!


Here are her tight lips.


Patiently waiting.



Even though we waited until 5 to get in, I was happy it was an immunization-free visit. As far as I knew, Madeley had all the shots she needed for now. Well... until the nurse poked her head in and said, "You missed the 15 month check-up and three shots. Would you like to get those today?"
Awe man!!!! I guess so! I think I mentally prepare myself for Madeley's shots. That may sound stupid, but nothing is worse than holding down your child while he/she gets shots. The moment she's stuck, her face is just helpless and frightful. I can't stand it!
Well, we made it through successfully and made it out to the car by 5:40. We hurried home so I could leave again for a meeting. Oh so rushed and busy.

Back to the doctor for a moment...
My favorite part of the visit today was when the doctor shined the small light in Madeley's eye. I guess she thought it was a flash to a camera, because she smiled big! Just like this...


(remember that picture? PJ photo shoot )

Even though the day was long and busy, it ended well with a big hug and kiss from Madeley. Now, Derrick and I are watching Deadliest Catch. So I better get going. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Love the pictures of Madeley, and I am so glad she did OK with her shots. That always bothered me, too, when one of the children or grandchildren had to get them.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011