Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ahh

What makes you say "ahh"? As in sigh, but good? I say ahh when I first get to sit down and rest in the evening... like five minutes ago. I finally got to sit down. Or is it when you take the first drink of a cold carbonated beverage (like coke!)? Does it make you say ahh? It could be right after a great workout (umm, not sure about that one... no personal experience). Even right after you wake up from a great sleep. You stretch and an ahh just comes right out. I love these moments. Just simple, but still full of wonderful emotion.

I hope to enjoy many more ahh moments in the days to come as my life slows down. My dad came home today and has been doing great! I am so pleased with his progress and glad that he is closer to me. I do hope you all will keep him in your prayers as he continues to recover.

............................

We are going to try an experiment!! I had a girl in class last semester that was reading Radical by David Platt. She continuously told me how great it was. When she finished, she gave me the book. It has been sitting on my podium ever since. I recently learned that my church was reading it, so I decided to as well. I'm going to start reading this weekend. I will periodically post thoughts about the book. If you would like to follow along, I encourage you to get the book. I need some support too. So if that's a good reason, do it with me!

After my mom died, I almost completely stopped going to church. I was dealing with depression and motherhood, and I was not making church or even God a priority (hard to admit on the Internet for anyone/everyone to read). I kept telling myself that I wasn't mad at God for what happened, but I was treating him like I was. I have struggled with renewing that relationship for a long time. I finally woke up early Monday morning to have a long overdue quiet time. I had no idea what I was going to say or what I was going to read, I just started talking and looking through my Bible. I stopped on my Mom's handout from the funeral. I was looking through it, then I looked at the page I'd turned to in my Bible. There was a highlighted verse. I read it, as well as the verse that followed it...
"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him." Deuteronomy 4:29-30

I love it when the Lord speaks directly to us! I feel like this verse was saying, "I'm here! If you seek me, you'll find me. I know your life has been hard, but come back now. I'm here!"

God knew what I needed to be able to move forward in my relationship. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to share this with you. Thanks for listening!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

It's 5:30 am and I just woke up to give Sawyer
a bottle. Now he's asleep and I somehow decided now
would be a good time to read your blog. I'm crying in my bed! It was so good, Morgan! I'm so proud of you. You lead a life that so many people watch and you are a GREAT example. I love you, friend!

LeLe said...

New motherhood alone makes it hard to get to church (I'm struggling with this recently, especially since Maburn had surgery in January) but I can only imagine that plus your mom being gone. I think I would probably be mad, too. It's also hard (for me, at least) to find quiet time b/c you can never really predict what time the kiddo is going to wake up and by the end of the day, you're zonked! So, that verse spoke to me. I have been struggling this morning with my lack of desire for being in God's presence and this verse was appropriate.

God bless, Morgan.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that your Dad is home. He continues to be in my prayers!

A very wise, older preacher told me shortly after my Mom passed that it was okay to be mad at God and referenced those same verses. I often read them when I'm discourage about my walk and life.

Look forward to hearing your thougts on Radical. Our church starts it on April 2nd, but I'm already reading it.

Betty said...

Rick is in our prayers; I am so glad he is home and doing well. All of you need to have some time (days, months, years?) free of trauma and distress; you deserve it!

Dianne said...

In the daily Lenten study (Renewed for Life) I am doing by Henri J. M. Nouwen, his topic for today is "Joy, Even in Suffering." The first sentence says, "The deep truth is that our human suffering need not be an obstacle to the joy and peace we so desire, but can become, indeed, the means to it."

I know Carol's death was very hard for you and all of your family, but I am happy that you are renewing your relationship with God. I know you have found and will continue to find much comfort in Him. You are such a good person, Morgan. God bless you.

Glad Rick is home and doing well. We will check on him soon and will continue to keep him in our prayers. Please give him our love.

Love you.

Cara Norton said...

So glad your Dad is home now.

Our Sunday school did a Bible study not too long ago on the book Radical. I have not read it but should read it. I think you will like it but be very challenged by what he says. Which is good for all of us. :)

You are an inspiration to me. I want you to know that!!

Love you, mean it!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011