Saturday, March 19, 2011

Someone wants to be like Daddy

My husband is an amazing duck hunter. He doesn't just settle for being good, he must be great! Otherwise, he can't stand it. When we started dating, he blew duck calls nonstop. That's how you get good, I guess. Duck hunting widows... you know what I'm talking about, right? Eardrums blazing, shriek sounding, crazy things! (All I can say is at least Derrick is good at it. There's no telling what it would sound like if he were terrible! And one more point... I could listen to ducks all day long. Why are duck calls any different? Just a couple of thoughts.)

Anyway, Derrick entered an online calling contest last year. He was awesome. Here's the link to his video:

Derrick's Duck Calling

You didn't have to watch the entire video, I just wanted you to get an idea of what it is like. It can drive me up the walls, but it makes him happy... so oh well. Now Madeley on the other hand, has always seemed very interested. Never bothered. Here she is playing with the duck call for the first time.


Oh she loved it! It didn't take her long to get the hang of it. Today, I was getting ready in the bathroom, and she came in...

YouTube Video

Cracks me up! She couldn't be more adorable!

I know this makes Derrick very happy. He would love nothing more than to spend every duck season in the woods with Madeley. We'll see how that turns out.

................................

I was a little down this evening, and Madeley gave me a little TLC. For about twenty minutes, she kissed, hugged, and loved on me. No tv, no phone, just me and Madeley. Nothing in the world could have made me feel any better!

Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Madeley is already a good little duck caller for her age. I'll bet she will enjoy going with her daddy when she is a little older. What fun for both of them.

TLC from anyone is great but TLC from a little child is priceless!

Love you.

Betty said...

Good job, Madeley! And, you, too, Derrick!

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Duck calling inside is a no-no at our house. It's an outside activity. Ha!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011