Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beware of strangers

Tonight, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, Derrick was on the couch watching Toy Story 2, and Madeley was in her highchair snacking. The doorbell rang. I thought... Hmmm, I didn't know anyone was coming by. Derrick said, "Who's that?" Uh, I don't know.

I answered the door to find a young boy. My first thought was... Oh great! He's going to try to sell me something and I'm not going to be able to say no!
But that isn't exactly what happened. He said, "Can I use your bathroom?"
I responded, "Excuse me?"
"Can I use your bathroom?"
"Oh sure. Come on in." I lead him to the restroom, showed him the soap and a hand towel, and shut the door.
When I walked into the living room, Derrick said, "What did he want?"
I said, "To use the bathroom."
He said, "Didn't his parents teach him not to talk to strangers?"

For real! Not only don't talk to strangers, but don't go into the house of strangers! Of course Derrick and I are harmless, but did that boy know that? No!

When the boy finished, he said "thank you" as he walked to the door. We wanted to stop him and say, "Be careful where you go and who you talk to!"

Derrick said, "I would have peed outside before I'd ask someone to use their bathroom!" Of course we didn't mind him using our bathroom, but we hope he is careful in the future.

........................

Dinner was wonderful! We had The Pioneer Woman's beef and bean burritos. I had to tweak the recipe just a bit, but they still turned out great!


If you would like the recipe, click the following link...

Beef and Bean Burritos

...........................

Buddies

Madeley and Joe are buddies. Madeley may like Joe just a bit more than he likes her, but I know he does enjoy her.



Today, we all went outside to play together.


(Yes, she is wearing only a Minnie shirt and a diaper. If it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me.)
We let Madeley walk Joe. She seemed to take this job very seriously in the beginning.






Then, she may have changed her mind about it...





Yep, she's done. Good thing Joe could have cared less about leaving us. He just waited for me to pick up the leash. Sweet boy.

We had a great day, just the beginning of an amazing week!

Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Cute, cute pictures--a Minnie shirt and a diaper don't bother me!

I hope the young man who used your bathroom will be careful--not everyone could be as nice as you and Derrick.

Love you.

Betty said...

The pictures of Madeley with Joe are adorable! He's such a great little guy. The picture of them looking out the window (door?) is just the best!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011