Saturday, March 5, 2011

Small to Large... Life with Madeley

Derrick and his dad have decided to build shelving in the garage. They were in the garage this morning measuring, estimating, and planning. Madeley thought she needed to be right in the middle of the action. She loves the garage! As I was watching her, I saw some old clothes. Precious little things! I found the most adorable pair of footed pajamas, and I remembered how much I loved them. They are premie, and Derrick and I remember when they didn't even fit her! Here they are next to what she wore last night.



The difference is just amazing!







(The last picture was Dara's idea... some Ace Ventura thing. Ha ha.)

So anyway, just to think that Madeley has gone from this...



To this...



Amazing!
We are loving every second. Derrick and I both enjoyed playing with her this morning.











(Not sure how the vacuum cleaner managed to make it into every picture. I think it's sending me a message...)

She is hilarious to be around!







The marshmallows were a nice addition to her breakfast. Are marshmallows a breakfast food? Oh well!

........................

Now, I need some advice. Madeley does very well with sippy cups. She'll loves to drink water, juice, and just about anything out of them. Anything but milk. We cannot get her to consistently drink milk out of a sippy cup. What do we do?

I tried to give her a sippy cup of milk before bed last night, and she took two sips. She wanted nothing to do with it, so I put her to bed. Guess who was up at 11:30? She couldn't even sleep through the night! Help me! I've tried every sippy cup offered.



The only cup I haven't tried is Dr. Brown's. Madeley has always taken Dr. Brown's bottles, but I haven't been able to find their sippy cups. I also have never talked to anyone that's used them. What do I do next? I'll be patiently waiting for your experience-filled suggestions!

Thanks for reading. Enjoy this lazy Saturday... that is, if you're lazy. If not, get to work!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Betty said...

Sorry, I've never used a sippy cup; I've never bought a sippy cup; I don't think I'll ever need a sippy cup (unless I start to drool in my 'old age'). Hope someone can help you with this one.

Loved the pictures of her pajamas..."she's come a long way, baby!"

Boonies in the Boonies said...

She HAS come a long way! I remember those little pink jammies too! So precious. And Dara is hilarious for the last pic! I laughed out loud.

I wouldn't worry about the milk thing. Really. Maybe just give her a cup of yogurt in the evening. Mine have never been big milk drinkers either. But they eat tons of yogurt and string cheese. :)

Madeley is doing wonderfully. Don't stress!
What are your thoughts on chocolate or strawberry milk? Avery does love some chocolate milk!

Anonymous said...

Would she consistently drink milk out of a bottle? in other words - do you know the problem is the cup... or could it be the milk? Nyla had a very similiar issue. When she turned one. She now drinks strawberry milk... almost exclusively. well, she drinks water and juice, but not white milk, always strawberry.

We tried all the cups... most of those you showed, and a couple others. We have had the best long term luck with the one on the front right. The popular gerber/nuk all plastic one. Plus they can keep those til they go to straws.

Just my 2 cents... we buy strawberry nestle powder in bulk and she drinks 2-3 bottles a day of it. :) Don't stress... long-term it'll be fine and the both of you will figure out together what works.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011