Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Zoo

Madeley and I went to the zoo today! We went with Jaki and her twins, Sayde and Mayce. Jaki is a pro at the zoo, so I was happy she was our host! I'm just going to share a few of the pictures with you. We thought it was going to be warm and sunny today... umm, no. It was windy, chilly, and overcast, but that didn't ruin our fun!











I am amazed by the bald eagles. Derrick told me one time that if they could read, they would be able to read the fine print of a newspaper from a mile away. Amazing creatures!!


I was mad when the tiger walked off before I got a picture. Jaki said, "Don't worry, he'll be back. He's a pacer." She was so right! We waited a few seconds, and he came right back. She even pointed out that the tiger had created a path from his pacing! (Either the tiger is very predictable, or Jaki visits the zoo A LOT! I love her knowledge though!)








The bear! Bears freak me out a little. But I also like The Grizzly Man, so I wanted to sing who yup who yup who... by the way, I am aware that that is not a grizzly. They wouldn't come out!


A rear end.


The geese were hilarious! While I was trying to take pictures, that white one tried to eat the stroller, Madeley's foot, and even my phone!








Diabetic monkey.


Squirrel!


Lil farmer!


Sayde and Mayce (in that order)


Ahh scary!

Next, we went for a picnic at the park. Jaki is an excellent picnicker. She packed a wonderful lunch! (Coca-Cola included!)











Hmmm... two cookies... what to do...


Eat them both!!



Madeley loved the slide! Me, not so much. I kind of got stuck, and Jaki's just steady taking pictures...











Someone's getting tired...


She slept good on the way home though.


Love that girl!!

Thanks so much to Jaki for a great day!

..............................

Okay, so I tried something new tonight. You would probably love it...


You would like this dish if you like:
Pasta
Bacon
Garlic
Chicken
Cream cheese
Parmesan cheese

Do you like any of those? Well, it's the easiest recipe ever!

Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Lay out the chicken on a cookie sheet. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over it and season. I like Cavenders and Tony's. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Cut 4-5 slices of bacon into small pieces. Fry for about 5 minutes on medium. Put some fresh ground pepper in there. Then add a handful of diced onion. Continue cooking/stirring for 3 minutes. Add one clove of chopped garlic. Stir and continue cooking.

Start some bowtie pasta boiling. I like mini bowtie!

Go back to the bacon mixture. Stir it. When it's cooked to the point you like it, add in about 1 cup chicken broth. Next, add my favorite stuff, Philadelphia Cooking Cream. I used a little over half the container. Yum! Turn heat to low, and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Also throw in some parmesan cheese. Dice the chicken and add it to the sauce. Stir. Drain and put in the desired amount of pasta. Yum yum!

Derrick and I went to Italy for our honeymoon. One of the restaurants where we dined specialized in bacon dishes. I tried pasta with bacon last summer, but it didn't turn out quite right. This one was great! If I had the ingredients, I would have added some fresh chopped tomato and basil to the finished product. I'll just have to make it again soon!

I hope you are having a wonderful week. Thanks for reading!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that recipe sounds delicious! i'll have to try it soon.

Dianne said...

What an extra special blog today with so many great pictures and a delicious sounding recipe! I especially love the photos of Madeley as a squirrel and a Lil Farmer, and Sayde and Mayce are adorable, too. Glad you all had such a good day--it seems your Spring Break has really been fun.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011