Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wandering eye

Okay, I'm going to say this out loud... I think I have a wandering eye. Really, I do. It creeps out in pictures, and my students in class randomly mention it from time to time. I'll be talking to a particular student and they'll end up saying, "Are you talking to me? I thought you were looking at him..." Really. This is not a joke. I will show you a few pictures and let you decide.


The picture is grainy, but the eye is definitely wandering.






Different wandering eye there, but whatever.



The last one was taken today. What am I going to do with that eye? I may need to try to focus on the camera. Sometimes I double check with my students and ask if the eye has wandered lately. They usually say yes. If this is a joke, it isn't funny!

...........................

Madeley is just a little piglet sometimes. I think she ate all day today!! I kept thinking "surely she's full now." Nope. The second she saw someone with food, she was freaking out again and again. Here she is with a fist full of cheetos.



She kept bringing me the empty cup, hoping for more. I've tried to fill her up with fruits and veggies lately. Today, I eased up a bit, and she definitely took advantage of it!

..........................

Radical

I've read just the beginning of Radical. What I've noticed so far is the author's uncomfortableness with comfortable lives. He spent time in underground Asian churches, then returned to a huge church in America. He said it was obvious that we have replaced radical faith with comfortable faith. What is radical or risky about the way we live our lives here? The people in Asia literally risk their lives to follow Christ. What do we do? Obviously, we are free to serve our God, so how can we still step out and live radically? Think about it.

Love y'all for reading!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Betty said...

So, this is too funny! When I was younger, the phrase 'wandering eye' referred to a man or woman who was in a relationship, but looking around at members of the opposite sex. So, when you wrote you had a wandering eye, I was concerned about you..haha. Now that I know it's something to do with your real eyes, I just want to say...I don't see what you see...no pun intended. I'll check you out when I see you in person. Maybe your students are giving you grief about it because they just like pulling your chain, eh? Love your 'look'...with both eyes!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011