Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Parenthood

10 Reasons you should be watching Parenthood:

1. The characters are diverse and interesting. There has to be one that you identify with. (Sorry I ended that sentence with a preposition. Ugh. Hate that.)

2. The situations are so relatable. Now that I am a parent, it is interesting to observe how others parent and how they make choices. The story lines are so real.

3. It will make you laugh.

4. It will make you cry.

5. It will make you mad/happy.

Don't you like it when a movie or show can include the previous four emotions? Enticing those emotions is what makes for a great show!

6. It will make you think. The show has started several "what would you do" conversations about the problems presented. Derrick and I have had the opportunity to discuss situations we probably never would have thought about otherwise.

7. Adam's cute and successful! (my reason)

8. Julia's cute and successful! (Derrick's reason)

9. The scenes are always amazingly decorated. The actors are adorably dressed. I like to pay attention to the detail. Everything about the show is adorable!

10. The best part about Patenthood is how it portrays real life. There are ups and downs... just like last night's post. But they just have to work through them. There have been episodes where Derrick and I have laughed the entire time and just smiled at the end. Then there are tearjerker episodes that end in sadness. I like that it mirrors how life actually is.

Parenthood is on NBC, Tuesday nights at 9. If you've never seen it, look into the online episodes. You won't regret it. Every time we finish watching, Derrick makes the same statement... How is it that not everybody is watching this show?

.................................

A few cutie pie old pictures of Madeley...












I love the picture of her watching TV from the kitchen.


Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Sooz said...

We love Parenthood, but Crosby is really making me mad. =) Oh and can we please keep John Corbett as the wandering dad?

Boonies in the Boonies said...

My friend Caroline all but got mad at me for not watching last week so I recorded it this week (I was watching the Charlie Sheen interview). I'm going to try to watch it tomorrow.
Love the Minnie Mouse hat pic and the one of her watching TV from
the kitchen. Cutest thing.

Love you.

Catherine Anne said...

Me too! Me too! LOVE Parenthood!

Anonymous said...

i've never seen this show, but i love your madeley pictures!

Betty said...

Cute pictures! Okay, so I may be the only person reading your blog who doesn't watch Parenthood...but, then, you know why, eh?

Dianne said...

I have heard of Parenthood, but I have never seen it. I will plan to watch it one Tuesday night.

The pictures are all precious, and I especially love the Minnie Mouse one, too. Madeley is just beautiful!

Love you.

Rebecca said...

Eli loves the Minnie Mouse picture :)

I LOVE Parenthood. I can't get enough of it. It makes me so happy.

Are you still coming to see us???

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love, Parenthood! It's the best, can't-miss, show on TV! It is quality time for Josh and I. He likes it as much as I do. And... I heart Peter Krause too! Sorry... I'm just catching up on old posts! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011