Monday, March 21, 2011

Two Year Anniversary

Derrick and I have been married two years today. I honestly feel like we've been married much longer than that! We've had ups, downs, ups, downs, and more ups. Literally. I am so thankful that Derrick has loved me through some of the hardest times of my life. I have realized that marriage is not a fairy tale. It requires work, communication, and understanding. We are still learning each day how to relate to one another. I have become a much stronger person, and Derrick has definitely softened up! We are a good balance of individuals. I'm terrible in ways that he is amazing, and I succeed in areas he might fail. I think it is important that we are different. It creates opportunities for us to learn from each other. Bottom line... I love him.

I never got to share many of our wedding pictures. Too much happened in our lives immediately after the wedding, and I just didn't share the beautiful memories. I have chosen a few highlights of the wedding day. I hope you enjoy!






























This is when my mother showed me I was wearing her ring. I had been so caught up in the moment, that I hadn't realized it. She had given Derrick a ring that had originally belonged to my grandmother. I had always wanted it, and she had always acted like she wasn't going to let me have it. I'm so glad she did!
























What a wonderful memory! I know we all had an amazing time. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Today, Derrick got me an amazing gift!





I adore glass bottle cokes! How thoughtful! You'll just have to wait to find out what the rest of his gift was. I'll tell you about it soon...

...............................

Fun Day

Madeley and I went to play with Rebekah, Avery, Dalton, and Sawyer Boone today. Rebekah has her hands full! We met at her mother's house. We had snacks, played outside, and just enjoyed the sunlight! Thanks Rebekah and Mrs. Leah!





















































Being out in the sun sure wore Madeley out!






We are enjoying spring break more than ever. I am thankful to have this time with Madeley!

Thanks for reading. I hope you aren't on picture overload! I can't pick just one.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people!! Love y'all and LOVED spending the day with y'all!! XOXO

Sooz said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Spring Break! You had a beautiful wedding. I love that you love glass coke bottles. I have a small collection that got started several Christmas' ago and I just sit them above our cabinets in the kitchen so you can't really notice them, but I know they are there. I love them.

Morgan said...

Pictures by Phom Sisoukrath
www.phomphotography.com

Dianne said...

Happy Anniversary Derrick and Morgan, and we pray there will be many more for you! Marriage does have its ups and downs; but, to me it gets even easier and better as the years pass.

All of the Wedding pictures are wonderful and brought back such lovely memories. The ones of Madeley and her friends are delightful.

Enjoy your Spring Break.

Love you.

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! Morgan, Madeley is so stinkin' cute! I love looking at all of your pictures and watching the videos of her. I miss seeing you all the time and you coming over to our house!

Betty said...

Of course, I love the pictures! The more, the better! That one of Madeley with the dog in her face is just precious! Glad you had a fun anniversary.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011