Thursday, March 17, 2011

Never say never

So I took Dad to the doctor today... wonderful trip. When we got there, he was about to get out of the car and said, "I don't need my checkbook, do I?"
I said, "I don't know. Do you have a copay?" I started trying to remember if he'd paid in the past.
His response was, "I've never paid before!"
I said, "Well I guess you don't need it then." So he left it in the car.

We got into the waiting room, he signed in, and we moved down to the chairs closest to the door to the exam rooms. It was a pretty long waiting room. After a few minutes, the woman from the desk said, "Richard Balwanz!"
We both looked back at the desk, "Yes?"
The woman replied, "We need you to come to the desk, please."
He got up and slowly made the long trip back to the desk. So much for sitting close to the door. A few minutes later, he came shuffling back to his seat. I said, "What did they want?"
He said, "Thirty-five dollars."
"Hmmmm. I thought you never had to pay anything."
He said, "Well, never say never." Cracked me up!

We got into the doctor and Dad received a great report. We were very pleased. As we were leaving, the nurse handed us the paperwork. We were told to check out, but no one was at the checkout desk. The secretary from the front desk was standing nearby and offered to take our paperwork. She asked if we needed a copy and I said yes. I looked at the sheet and said, "Do we owe something?"
She looked at the sheet as well, and replied, "I don't think so. It looks like he has a credit."

???????

A credit? He just paid you. We were just a bit confused, but we just smiled and walked out, happy that Dad is doing great!



...........................

I just can't say enough about how much fun we have when we take Madeley outside! We took her out again today and she was adorable! Now don't laugh, but her shorts are a little long on those little legs. The shorts look more like capris, but that doesn't change how cute she is!





She started trying to figure out the sunglasses. Once she took off her sunglasses, she couldn't quite figure out how to get them on again.





Ummm, I think they go... here!


Love it!

..........................

Side note- Life without paper towels

I have been living without paper towels for about a week and a half now. Not by choice. I am literally having withdrawals. What do I use to clean Madeley's hands and face? What do I use to wipe the counters? I need a napkin! I can just barely stand to live without this addictive household item! I must purchase some as soon as possible to save my insanity!!


Thanks for reading!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought you were saying "life without paper towels" like you're trying to save the planet! ha! we buy those in bulk and you'll almost NEVER find our house out of them.

Betty said...

Rick looks great! Madeley is adorable! Your blog is just too much fun!

Dianne said...

Glad Rick is doing well, and he looks so good! Madeley could not be any cuter with or without her sunglasses. I remember Mary LeNoir trying to figure out the same thing..it must be harder than it looks!

Love you and your blog.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011