Monday, March 28, 2011

Daddy and Daughter

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -Unknown

I love my Dad. For as long as I can remember, he has been kind, loving, and amazing. I adore his calm, even temper, as well as his patience. I can remember crawling up in his lap when I was little. Nothing felt safer. I know it is my turn to help take care of him. I am happy to do it, because he has done so much for me over the past twenty-nine years.



Derrick is also a wonderful father. He loves every second with Madeley, and I can already tell she has him wrapped around her little finger. When I get in from work, it is their time to play. Madeley knows it, and she barrels in the house looking for him. They spend lots of time laughing, playing, and hugging.

I couldn't help but snap this picture tonight. Madeley standing on her tippy toes to give Derrick a kiss is just about the sweetest moment I've ever witnessed.



After dinner, they sat down to play a game. Madeley watched intently as Derrick played. When he finished, the excitement was priceless!

YouTube Video


The love between a father and a daughter is like no other. I am happy to have my father, and I know Madeley is happy to have hers.

Thanks for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Love, love, love the video!!! Oh, it really is priceless. I love your sweet daddy too, and I'm so proud of you for taking such good care
of him. You're the best. Love you.

Dianne said...

One of the cutest videos I have seen! It was amazing that Madeley could react so quickly and then calm down so fast.

A wonderful father is indeed a true blessing. I was so fortunate to have a great one, you are, and so are our children.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

oh, i love the video!

LeLe said...

SO CUTE!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011