Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Change

"People are always telling you that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all, has happened."
Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail

Every time I hear this quote, several things come to mind. I have always been afraid of change. I get too comfortable in certain situations, and I want them to stay that way forever. Impossible.

I know that good change does exist. Marrying Derrick and having Madeley are both examples of that, but I am well aware of unwelcomed change. I never wanted to lose my mother, no one does. The year I married Derrick was full of change, bad and good. We married in March, my mother died in April, and Madeley came in October. (If you're doing that math in your head, just know she was super early.) The hospital time alone was enough to make a person go crazy. We were there for twenty-six days with my mother, and six weeks with Madeley. All of this change was a lot to bear... especially for someone who despises change.

In the movie, Kathleen Kelly is referring to losing her bookstore, The Shop Around the Corner, but she also lost her mother. That may be why I like her so much. But in the movie, her change does turn out to be a good thing. As most change does. I hope that I can shape my perception of change. For I never know when it may come again.

..................................

I must show you another cute video of Madeley. I bought this tub to store outside toys in this summer. She wants to play with it now!

Thanks for reading!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Change is not always easy for me either, Morgan. I just have to accept it and make the most of the situation (usually works out well).

Madeley is smart to turn the tub into a fun toy. I loved watching her.

Love you.

Betty said...

Another adorable video! She is so smart; her little mind must never stop working. I love that she figured out to hold onto the sides and rock it back and forth...does that seem especially smart? Or, am I just being a proud greataunt? Love you so much!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011