Monday, March 7, 2011

More beautiful you

Every day, Madeley falls apart on the way home. It usually happens about 10-15 minutes before we get home. It makes me want to fall apart! I have learned to use earphones. It's a coping mechanism, okay? I have no other choice.

Anyway, the other day Madeley was throwing one of those fits and I couldn't get my earphones on fast enough. I turned my iPod to Jonny Diaz's song "More Beautiful You." Great song. So the music starts playing, and I get ready to sing. The first line comes, I began to sing, and Jonny Diaz did not. Since I don't sound that great, I started it over again. Strange, the same thing happened again. And again. And again. Now I know I didn't buy the instrumental version of this song. I'd listened to it several times before. But this time, all I heard was the background vocals and my terrible voice. Where's Jonny Diaz? Meanwhile, Madeley's still crazy in the backseat. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone or something. How could this song have suddenly become karaoke??

After much frustration, I finally unplugged and replugged the earphones. There in lay the solution to this mysterious problem. The earphones weren't completely plugged in. I could only hear part of the song. Glad I wasn't forced to sing to myself the entire way home!

Now that was just your introduction to Jonny Diaz's song. This song has so much depth and meaning. I used to play songs to my Mount St. Mary girls, hoping to encourage them in their relationships with Christ. Oh how I wish I could have played this song for them. And I wish I could play it in my class today. So many young girls NEED to hear the message of this song!

I listened to it tonight, for the hundredth time, and it still gave me chills. It talks about righting wrongs and being the best you can be. Christ is your only path to righteousness, not the ways of this world. If you get a chance, listen to the song. Here's the climax...

So turn around you're not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It's not too late, you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear, they can all be washed away

By the one who's strong, can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light, He will show you truth
And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl
That there could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you!



Too tired to throw a fit tonight!

..............................

Bachelor blog:

Oh so much to say... did anyone see the very random girl in the scene about Madison's fangs? I am 100% sure she was not on this season. Who was she?

Boy, those girls really attacked Michelle. Apparently she acted completely different around the girls than she did in front of the camera. Is the Michelle we despise the real or fake Michelle? We will never know. Except precious little Kansas Lisa vouched for her sincerity, which may be enough for me. Don't cry Michelle...

Ashley H... whoa... who was that? I'm pretty sure she went to someone the night before the WTA show and said, "Give me a makeover! Make me look COMPLETELY different." And they did.

Bahawahahaha!!! Chris Harrison cracks me up! I love how his personality creeps out on the women tell all and after the final rose each season. He is fantastic!

Foreshadowing moment for next week:
Chantal is wearing black.
Emily is wearing white.

I'm gonna win!!

Thanks for reading!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I am not familiar with this song, but the words are wonderful. No wonder you like to hear and sing it.

The sweet picture of Madeley makes me want to "eat her up" as my mother used to say. I can hardly wait to love on her (if she will let me.)

Love you all.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011