Thursday, March 24, 2011

So sweet

Madeley is starting to show her love. I've mentioned a few times how happy I was that she had hugged me and loved on me. Well, in the past few days. Madeley just can't hide her adoration for us. She used to be hard-core, distant, and a little shy when we tried to love on her. Well not anymore! She'll kiss and hug at the top of a hat! I couldn't love these days and this little girl any more.


Tonight, we were in the bathroom and I had a towel around her. As I was trying to dry her off, she wrapped her little arms around my neck and squeezed. She'd let go, and look at me to smile, then squeeze again. There is nothing in the world like that love.

At one time during the evening, she looked at me, pointed her finger at me, said something very serious, then just giggled and smiled. What did she say? I wish I knew. Once I laughed at her, she did it several more times. She probably just knew she was making me more than happy.

We went outside for a few minutes tonight. Once she saw a bird, she was on the lookout. She would point to the sky and just jabber. I know she was looking for those birds. She's my girl!!

...........................

Radical by David Platt

I am going to include several quotes from the book. I wanted to restate the author so you would know whose quotes they are.

I am slowly reading this book. First of all, I just haven't been making the time for it that I would like to. Second of all, it's a tough read. It questions beliefs and intentions to an uncomfortable degree. I don't want to just skim through it. I finally finished the first chapter tonight (told you I was slow). I am going to quote a few pieces that really felt important.

"Consider the cost when Christians ignore Jesus' commands to sell their possessions and give to the poor and instead choose to spend their resources on better comforts, larger homes, nicer cars, and more stuff... Consider the cost for the starving multitudes who sit outside the gate of contemporary Christian affluence."
I feel like I work toward possessions. We are always wanting something new. Heck, I live in a wonderful house and drive a new car. This quote hit home for me. Instead of trying to reach the multitudes of Christ-less groups, we hoard or money, resources, and the Word of God.
The author also discussed that a church had recently spent $23 million on a new building, but only given $5000 to refugees in western Sudan. That's just sad. What is important to us?

Would you abandon everything you have because you "found something worth losing everything for?"
Jesus is definitely worth giving up everything for, but will we do it?

"I want to be part of a people who are risking it all for him. For the sake of more than a billion people today who have yet to even hear the gospel, I want to risk it all."
The author's thoughts are so pure and heartfelt. I will be honest, there was a time in my life when I felt exactly the same way. Now I hope I can get back to that point in my relationship with Christ.


Thanks for reading!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

The love we receive from a child is one of the sweetest of all---it is hard to describe. You are blessed to have Madeley and her love.

"Radical" sounds like a very inspiring book that I should read someday. Wonderful thoughts to ponder in our hearts as we strive to strengthen our relationship with Christ.

Love you so much.

LeLe said...

I downloaded Radical on my Kindle (how's that for affluence?) for $1.99 the other day. I hope to start soon. I think that quote can hit hard for anyone these days. Even our poorest have more than those in third-world countries. Just $20 donated to Africa will pay for a ton of clean water (I can't remember the exact measurement but it's like a year for one person or something ridiculous).

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011