Friday, March 11, 2011

Fridays

Oh gracious, it's Friday... the end of a work week, the beginning of a weekend. I remember when Fridays used to be amazingly eventful. We would go through the day thinking only about what we would do that night. The anticipation alone was exciting. Weather it was going out with friends or on a date with Derrick, Fridays were anything but boring. Now that I'm married with child, Fridays are no different than Mondays or Thursdays. The same chores need to be done. People have to be fed. Baths have to be given... same as all the other days. The only difference is that I can freely wear jeans to work, and I can stay up a little bit later. But I probably don't want to do that because I'm worn out from the week. Y'all know what I mean, right? Once you're married with child, Friday means go home... not go out. I mean, I don't even want to go out. I love to go home! There's just something about sitting in the middle of a pile of clean laundry and relaxing. I'll think about folding them tomorrow!

Derrick did it again tonight! We had a wonderful dinner. Steak, Cajun boiled potatoes, and sweet green beans.



I got the steak at a meat market in Benton. Delicious! It made for a wonderful end to this busy week.

...........................

Radical

I will begin posting about Radical this weekend. I just wanted to give you a sneak peek...

From what I've read so far, the author is very humble and humorous. I can tell we are going to focus on how radical Jesus was, and how we can attempt to be more like him.

I do hope you will choose to read this book with me. I know God has been tugging at my heart to read it for a while now. I finally said, "Alright! I'll read it!!" Maybe he's telling you the same thing.

Thanks so much for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Great looking supper--Derrick is a good man!

I have not read Radical but look forward to what you have to say about it.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011