Friday, March 18, 2011

Get outta the way!

Y'all know I'm a road rager... well, I had a terrible incident today. I would like to start by saying that I wish I could tell people to get out of my way. If you can't even go the speed limit, please wait until after 8 am to get on the road. It's just nice. It's just polite. It just saves me a huge headache. I mean, I know I'm running late and all, but I would still like to go 55 (or over) even if I'm not late. I would like a loud speaker attached to my roof (Someone actually had one of those when I was in high school.), so I could let them know that they need to get out of my way. I have prayed about this and everything. I just NEED to go the speed limit (or above). I just do.

So anyway, I was doing okay this morning. If everything went well, I would arrive at school at the scheduled time, 11:00. We got to go in late for conferences. But, I needed everything to work out perfectly. Which meant that I couldn't stay behind the slow pokes. My friend was in the vehicle in front of me, with two cars in front of her. I knew we were coming to a long stretch, so I told her to pass. As she started to pass, the car in front of her pulled out as well. Naturally, no one wants to stay behind the slow poke! I noticed that she was having a hard time getting around the slow guy. There was a truck coming ahead, and she just couldn't get between the two white cars. I found myself slowing down because I was getting nervous. She finally got in, just in time. Whew! Crazies! I immediately thought the car in front of her wouldn't speed up enough to let her in. I was irritated. Next came my turn to pass. I want you to know this, I am always a safe passer, blinkers and all. So I start to go around him and I'm trying to pass, trying to pass, trying to pass. I look down, and I'm going 85. This guy is speeder upper! I despise speeder uppers! They don't really want to go a normal, accepted speed, but they don't want anyone else to either. So when my friend passed, it wasn't the car in front of her going slow, it was the speeder upper going fast! He didn't want her to get in. Why is it that he wanted to go 50 mph, but as soon as I started to pass, he sped up to 80?!?! Good thing I didn't have that loud speaker...


Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Sorry you had a hard time getting to school--slowpokes and speeder uppers are irritating. Some people are just not considerate drivers or have more time to get somewhere than most of us do. Just keep praying!

Love you.

Betty said...

"I feel your rage!"

LeLe said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't STAND those drivers. The traffic from here to Benton is the WORST.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011