Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sweet surprise!

Long day. We had conferences at school and didn't finish until 7:00. By the time I picked up Madeley and ran an errand, it was almost eight. I was tired and irritable from events of the day, but I came home to a wonderful surprise. Not only had Derrick ran Madeley's bath water, but he had prepared a wonderful dinner! Surprise Morgan! This is something I have hoped for, wished for, prayed for... for years!



I always knew Derrick had this meal in him. I knew he could do it. I taught him how to make the pork tenderloin a few months ago, and he practiced a few times at duck camp. He also made cajun boiled potatoes, shells and cheese, and baked beans (not counting starches).



D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!

Not only was I proud of Derrick for making dinner, but I was glad he knew I needed his help tonight. I was happy that I didn't have to worry about anything. Thank the Lord. Now I'm asking myself... Is this a new trend, or a one time thing? I'll let you know...

.......................

So I did a bad thing yesterday. It was very bad. I went to Krispy Kreme. It was all for Madeley and Dad. I promise!

I knew that Madeley had eaten a donut hole before, so I decided to treat her. Oh was she happy, she was ecstatic! She was not happy that I only gave her two donut holes. Sorry Madeley. Momma controls the donut holes! We also took some apple fritters to Dad. He loves them!

So I saved a few holes for us to eat this morning. I put Madeley in her chair and got out the donut holes. She actually squealed with happiness! Oh so happy!





She didn't really want to share with me, but I made her! It was a great to start the day.

.......................

Idol blog

I was happy/sad about tonight's idol outcome. I just get so sad when people have to go home. I can barely take it! Seeing their dreams crushed right in front of us... terrible! Anyway, how is it that Jennifer Lopez gets prettier with every episode? I can't imagine how she'll look by the final night! Do you agree?


Thank y'all for reading! I am so happy I am able to share my life with you!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Derrick is a keeper! I'm still waiting for this to happen to me :)

Betty said...

Kudos to Derrick...what a guy! He came through when you needed it most and that's what counts!

Donut holes? Okay, so I don't understand the draw..but, lots of folks seem to enjoy them...Madeley included!

Dianne said...

Tell Derrick that I am so proud of him, too, for helping you, and his supper looked really good.

I can identify with you and Madeley because I love doughnut holes and could eat them every day. However, I promise I don't!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011