Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cozy Coupe

Madeley went for a ride in the Cozy Coupe yesterday. It was her first time, and Derrick told me she loved it!





We went for a walk tonight, and Derrick and I discussed how happy Madeley is when she's outside. She just loves it! When I get her out of the car and put her down, she heads straight out of the garage. Straight for the street! I have to all but tackle her to get her back into the house. I can't wait to spend time outside this summer. She's going to love it!

................................

Radical

I am starting to wrap my mind around Radical. The passages I listed last night are all examples of Jesus's responses to potential followers. He was very blunt, and He let people know what He expected. He told the rich man to sell everything he had. He told another man to let other people bury his father. He told someone else that he must hate all the other people in his life. Are these the things we need to do to follow the Lord? Should I sell my house? Should I have skipped my mother's funeral to do God's work? Should I hate everyone I know to be able to love the Lord? These are hard thoughts to process and understand. The author warns us about generalizing these instructions. We have to be careful not to say, "He didn't really mean it that way. What he really meant was this..." If we start to make those generalizations, we are risking changing the Christianity Jesus taught us.

We must figure out what he did mean. Above all, the Lord does not want us to put ONE thing ahead of Him. We have to be willing to give up everything. He may not call us to sell everything or skip a funeral, but we have to be willing to. We have to be willing to let our family members and friends go when He calls them, because we trust God's judgement and decisions. It doesn't make it easy, but with God, all these things are possible.

More Radical to come soon.

Thanks for reading!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

Being outside is the best! We've been having some 80-degree days and I sit on the patio swing and read...what luxury!

Madeley looks adorable in the the Cozy Coupe!

Dianne said...

The Cozy Coupe looks like a lot of fun--no wonder Madeley loves being in it especially outside.

I have struggled with some of these same passages in the Bible, Morgan. My hope is that more and more I will put God first in my life.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011